Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Additional Assignment #2


How Kids Teach Themselves
1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
Yes, uneducated children, who had never seen a computer before taught themselves how to browse and record music, then play the music the made back.

2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
Yes, children will learn to do what they want to do. They taught themselves how to record and play music within four hours.

3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
Children can learn to do anything on their own if they really want to. No matter who or where they were. They just simply have to have the motivation.

4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
Computers and internet give the children something to have fun with. It’s not just a book and pencil and studying. It’s more hands on.

5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
The children will be motivated if they are having fun. If the children have interest, then education happens. Interest brings motivation which eventually brings education.

6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
If there is a question, there has to be a solution. How do you find a solution? Trial and Error.


7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
Catch their interest. Give them something that has their attention and they can have fun with. Even if it’s just a simple Disney game on the internet.

8. How are you motivated to learn?
Just like a child, it has to catch my attention. I have to have a little bit of interest in the assignment to want to complete it correctly.
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn, learn?
They can, but they won’t enjoy it. It will be shoved down there throat, then “burped back” on a test and forgotten after.

10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
Yes, every time I do homework, I have to teach myself the methods, or at least practice the new methods I learned in class. When? I teach myself all the time in this class. Why? It’s an online class. I don’t want to fail, personally. That is the greatest motivation, but I also really do want to be able to teach my children in my future classroom in a fun way. Not just with books and pencils.

11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
Math class for example, I have to have someone literally get up in front of me, and work problems out in order for me to understand it. I can’t just look in a math book at pictures and diagrams and understand what is going on. I require a teacher n very few classes, but for others, I teach myself more often through homework and studying.

12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
Any child can learn when motivated. It doesn’t matter how educated he or she is, they just have to have the proper motivation and interest in the subject area.

13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
Aspiring teachers need to learn how to catch the interest of their students. They need to learn how to make the curriculum interesting. Once again, trial and error. Figure out what works best for each student.

If you would like to view the video I am answering these questions about, just click on the link below!
The Child-Driven Education

No comments:

Post a Comment