Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog Post #10

An Open Letter to Educators

Dan Brown and Morgan Bayda make very good points here. I understand what they are saying, but I'm not sure I can fully relate. Our school system is designed for a different time, it just hasn't quite caught up yet. Dan Brown said that almost all information is now free. Then what's the point i going to class? I am afraid that when people to actually realize the Internet almost holds all of the answers, they result will be the same as Dan Brown's, people will begin to drop out or quit school. It really doesn't make sense though, why do we pay to go to class when everything is right at our finger tips? The answer: we need to know how to find it. Morgan Bayda said that she often felt cheated in her college classes. She said there was very little, if no communication at all. She said the classes were either too big or too small for the proper communication to take place. I fully understand where she is coming from. I personally have had the same problems.

An Open Letter To Educators

Don't Let Them Take The Pencils Home


This is both humorous and serious at the same time. Taking pencils home lowers test scores??? Come On! On a serious note, the focus was not just solely put on the problem, it was placed on the solution. I really enjoyed this, I think that children can learn by doing anything. Even if it is just playing hang-man.

Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
What's my sentence? Was I better today than yesterday? These two questions are short, but have huge answers and valuable meaning.

MY SENTENCE: She can do anything she puts her mind to.

Two questions that can change your life

2 comments:

  1. Erin,

    I enjoyed reading your post and think that you have great ideas. The post about not letting children take pencils home was a little silly and did not make a lot of sense. I have to agree that I also cracked up when reading this post. Your sentence was also good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we need to know how to find the information we need to answer our questions. But veery few teachers actually teach how to ask questions and seek answers. Why not? What are you going to do about it?

    ReplyDelete